eLearning is an electronic delivery of education. Now the method of electronic delivery can be robust and diverse.read more
Are Webinars a form of eLearning?
The trend for many organizations has been to present or give access to webinars via their websites. This is an awesome tool that allows people who can’t be in the same place to still receive information that they might have missed.
Common Types of Webinars
The presenter is able to share a PPT or a video tape of a meeting with their content. During this type of webinar, you might hear the presenter and sometimes even the attendees in the background. Webinars are usually saved on an organization’s website.
Webinar programs allow you to conduct and invite people to live meetings. People are allowed to share files and collaborate throughout the presentation. These meetings are saved in a database within their sever.
Do Webinars Constitute as eLearning?
Webinars are a great introduction into the world of eLearning but, it is more of a tool in the eLearning box. So many things have changed and the options available for eLearning are vast and plentifully. At Liam Crest, we are even starting to integrate Virtual Reality into eLearning course options.
What are features of eLearning?
- Customization: Design with your audience in mind.
- Flexibility: Trainings can be taken anywhere and at any time. Learners get the full experience every time.
- Progress Tracking System: Track how learners are progressing in real time.
- Reports: Pull reports for stakeholders and grant organizations easily with the click of a few buttons.
- Interactivity: Chat and connect with learners in real time.
- Assessment: Monitor competency and test based on learning styles.
- Gamification: Engage learners with the most up to date technology.
- Accessibility: 508 Compliance is essential (language and ability adaptions are available).
- Resources: Create a database of resources so learners can continuing come back for help as needed.